Definition of supervision and coaching
Supervision and coaching is a form of counselling serving the assurance and development of the quality of communication and cooperation in professional contexts.
Supervisors and coaches work as freelance consultants and they implemented the concept of supervision as a stand-alone profession with standardised trainings, systems of quality assurance based on lively professional and scientific discussion and ethical codes all over Europe.
Supervison primarily serves the development of individuals and organisations. It improves the professional lives of individuals regarding their roles in institutional contexts.
- support in reflection and decision making processes concerning current professional issues
- support in challenging and demanding professional situations and conflicts
- clarification and processing of tasks, functions and roles
- support in and handling of processes of change
- innovative solutions for new challenges
- prophylactic measures to avoid mobbing and burnout
- counselling for people holding leading and management positions
- impulses concerning the fulfilment of leading roles
- development of personal performance
- support in processes of change and problematic situations
- support in personal career planning
Minimal formal standards of an educational program becoming a supervisor
Conditions for entrance in the educational program on supervision
- Pre-education (level and diploma) – (professional) university / or proven equivalent
– humanities / social sciences or documented equivalent
- Length of experience in professional work after finishing the education under 2. 4 years al least
- Continued Education
Documented participation on various activities in different groups and settings and in longer processes (60 – 300 training hours)
- Experience as supervisee Documented 30 – 60 training hours:
Participation in different forms of supervision and coaching (dyad; triad; group)
(Recommendation in written of a supervisor)
The supervisory educational program
- Duration of the program At least over 2 years.
- Number of contact hours (exclusive 3. + 4.) 300 – 375 training hours
- Praxis as learning supervisor
(learning supervision) At least 45 hours
(in individual as well as in group setting)
- Participation at supervision-on-supervision At least 35 training hours
(one series in individual setting, a second series in a group setting)
- Thesis Demonstration the integration of main aspects of theory of supervision and own supervisory practice
- Colloquium Demonstrating communication skills
Concerning the own thesis
- Certificate Registered by the national association for supervision.